To fundamentally change racist, violent, and unjust systems, we must first acknowledge two truths:
- our society has constructed an elaborate system of legal, economic, and social codes that perpetuate systemic racism; and
- that some people, especially white people, benefit from this system.
As an organization dedicated to shifting the most fundamental power imbalances in our world today, we know that transnational corporations perpetuate and exploit systemic racism for profit in many ways, including:
- Tobacco and nicotine corporations strategically target communities of color through higher rates of marketing and more neighborhood retail locations.
- Corporations take over public water systems, and cut corners, let infrastructure deteriorate, and raise rates which disproportionately impact Black and brown people.
- Powerful transnational corporations work to build giant detention centers the US/Mexico border–all to profit from the hardships of undocumented people.
If you are outraged by corporations perpetuating and exploiting the devastating impacts of systemic racism, join us now.